The Home Of The Bruce Collins Show

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Doomsday Personality

Several years ago, I was labeled as "doomsday personality" on the internet. It didn't bother me and, in fact, I sort of took it as a badge of honor. When I first started doing The Big Finale, I didn't know about all the others who had gone before me on internet radio and terrestrial radio (like Alex Jones). I actually thought I was doing something new (I kind of figured I'd launch a sort of "Christian Coast To Coast Am"-of course, with a much smaller audience). I first met Patrick Heron and slowly I began to come across other names: Lynn Marzulli, Tom Horn, Dave Flynn, Mike Heiser, etc. I found out they all knew each other.

There have been ups and downs and unless you actually do a show and prepare for interviews (based on books that the guest has written), it really is hard to explain the difficulties and rewards that go into doing an internet radio program. It takes a lot more work than it appears. In fact, one of the first interviews I ever did, I had to end it at 45 minutes because I ran out of material. I'm happy to say that never happens now.

Anyway, as I wrote previously, I want to take the blog in a new direction at times. I want to provide answers to upcoming situations that all of us may find ourselves in. I want to be prepared spiritually, mentally, financially, and physically to the trials ahead. With that in mind, you will notice these changes as the days proceed.

Also, there will be changes to The Big Finale...maybe not as huge...because I'm not sure that the tone of the program will change (the program is not really - or I'm not trying to- have it connected to this blog). The Big Finale will still be the same types of topics that we have been discussing for over 3 years. However, there will be a big change to the program...but I will say more about that soon.

Thanks for reading this long winded post :-)

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter