The Home Of The Bruce Collins Show

Sunday, October 26, 2008

What about Tithing?

I do tithe and I do give to the poor and charities. So, I am not against being a giver. However, I also do not believe in the hucksters who want people to give, mostly to increase their wealth (the huckster's wealth). It's a fascinating subject so that is why I'm including it here - with a compelling article.

May the Word of God rule over our traditions!

Abraham never tithed on his own personal property or livestock.
Jacob wouldn’t tithe until God blessed him first.
Only Levite priests could collect tithes, and there are no Levite priests today.
Only food products from the land were tithable.
Money was never a tithable commodity.
Christian converts were never asked to tithe anything to the Church.
Tithing in the Church first appears centuries after completion of the Bible

http://www.bible-truths.com/tithing.html

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter