The Home Of The Bruce Collins Show

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The News

I saw, as many of you probably did, a truly sad news story about a father who committed suicide and murdered his wife and five children over the loss of a job (as I understood it). This is absolutely disturbing and heartbreaking.

Instead of sensationalizing this news and printing the story (and picture of the family) as has been done by the media, let me instead urge all of us to pray for our nation and to pray that all of us can be used by God to provide encouragement, hope and salvation to those who are suffering today and who will be suffering as this economic problem, most likely, gets worse.

I know of people who are suicidal- one of them is a 'high profile' television personality. I have talked to them about the Lord but I have also been there to offer encouragement to them.

We are the light of the world. While these days are alarming, I do believe that there will be great opportunities. Our hope is not in this world.

Anyone reading this blog can email me at Bruce@BruceDCollins.com.

Bruce

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter