The Home Of The Bruce Collins Show

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Economic Woes hitting the church...

Audio of a sermon from a church in North Carolina:

Here's to you... Mr. Jones
www.stmarkschurch.org/archives/jan042009audio.mp3

Recent message board post on a Christian webboard:

I am about to graduate with my B.A. degree in a month and I am trying really hard to trust in God and not allow my sinful worry overtake me. We have used student loans to help pay our rent for the last two years and now that I am no longer a student, I don't know how we are going to pay our rent, bills and my student loans, which will start in June. I currently have no prospect of promotion nor any different job opportunities that will be any more lucrative. I have no clue what we will do, but I need to trust that God will provide what we need, when we need it.

This last week I have been focusing on God's promise of never leaving nor forsaking us (as talked about in Joshua 1 and Pslam 1). If God is mighty enough to create all the universe, why do I worry about what I am going to do about my rent?

A challenge I have faced is that I do not know what it means to not worry. What does faith in God look like? Is it merely a mental struggle? Will I always find peace? If I do not have peace does it mean I am still worried or holding on?

Matthew 6: 31-32

Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

(For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter