The Home Of The Bruce Collins Show

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Yamana Gold

I love this stock long term- Yamana Gold- AUY. I originally invested in this stock back when it was only $3.12. Today it is hovering around the 12-13 mark. Not bad eh?

It's a good stock, has great management and long term (with the prospects of an ongoing dollar devaluation), it's a good investment and hedge against inflation.

Last year, I took some of my Yamana stock, purchased low and I took a risk- I put that money in Battle Mountain Gold- BMGX. This one lost me money, but not too much.

So, here is what I have decided to do with that portion:

I sold the stock BMGX and took the cash. Why? At the end of the year, I will post it as a loss on my taxes (because I bought BMGX for .55 per share and sold at .43 per share) yet, I am collecting 3-4 times my initial investment with AUY.

So, if I can save on my taxes and still take a hefty profit on it, why not leave the dead fish, BMGX? It's a total win.

Happy investing.

Bruce

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter