The Home Of The Bruce Collins Show

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Casey Serin, the man who traded everything for notoriety...

When I first heard of Casey Serin, he did not carry the label of "the world's most hated blogger."

I only knew him as the young man who made tremendous mistakes in a quest for instant riches. 'Get rich quick' never works but most of us, if we are honest, would probably admit to chasing instant wealth at least once in our lives - usually (and hopefully) when we were young enough to rebound from the ill fated experience.

However, what has transpired recently, is that Serin has apparently realized that money is beyond his reach and fame is the next best thing. I believe this to be the case. His debt must be piling up daily. CashCall isn't getting any wealthier from him.

About the book
In all seriousness, does Casey really believe that droves of people will buy his book? It is not going to be marketed, after all, by a major publisher and as near as I can tell, it's going to be sold as an 'e-book' from someone who resembles the same 'class' as the Rich Jerk (www.richjerk.com). Can you imagine a massive amount of people getting a book about someone's bad mistakes from a shyster looking website? I can't!

The cover is very cool, in my opinion. I like that. However, I can't understand the angle of the book and how people would find it interesting. It's all rehashed news.

My book hasn't been a 'bestseller' but it did have a niche audience- because some people do actually like wrestling and there was a uniqueness to it as there was never an 'insider' book on how to promote the sport. However, how do you categorize a book whose sub-title is "A Mistake." This isn't self help (?). This isn't a success story. Where is the niche audience? Everyone can read about the unfortunate events on Casey's blog (www.iamfacingforeclosure.com) for free.

I have to be honest and say that I am fascinated by all of this because I don't know what's going to happen next. I'm also hopeful, or maybe wishful is a better term, that Casey will turn his life around and seek spiritual, emotional and financial counseling. I do read the blog regularly but I can't see spending money on what is already free.

Unfortunately, Casey has also apparently abandoned his family. Sad. True enough, usually your family will forgive you in time (although his marriage may be over since he left his wife for Australia) but trust will be incredibly hard to build in the years to come.

It's a fascinating world that Casey Serin lives in...

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter